From a press release from Aldi…..
Get Thanksgiving Feast for Less Than $30 at ALDI
Grocer beats discounters, big box by 16% to 24%,
traditional supermarkets by 30% to 40%
Batavia, Ill. (Nov. 19, 2008) – For shoppers looking to save money this season without compromising holiday traditions, select assortment discount grocer, ALDI, offers a complete Thanksgiving meal for a family of four for less than $30.
“This holiday season, we hope shoppers can focus on enjoying time with family and friends – not worrying about how to squeeze a Thanksgiving feast into already tightening budgets,” said Joan Kavanaugh, vice president of corporate purchasing. “As we’re helping shoppers cut their grocery bills in half, we’re grateful to have some of the most loyal customers in the industry.”
While food costs continue to rise nationally, you can still get a less than $30 Thanksgiving meal from ALDI that includes:
· 14 lb. Butterball Whole Turkey ($.99 per lb.) $13.86
· Chef’s Cupboard Stuffing Mix (6 oz.) $.79 each
· Chef’s Cupboard Gravy (12 oz.) $1.19 each
· Fit & Active Dried Cranberries (6 oz) $1.19 each
· L’oven Fresh Classic Dinner Rolls (12 ct.) $1.69 each
· Happy Harvest Extra Fine Frozen Green Beans (16 oz.) $.1.39 each
· Chef’s Cupboard Cream of Mushroom Soup (10.5 oz.) $.49 each
· Chef’s Cupboard French Fried Onions (6 oz.) $1.99 each
· Happy Harvest Cut Sweet Potatoes (15 oz.) $.69 each
· Belmont Deep Dish Pies – apple, peach or berry (42 oz.) $4.49 each
· Sundae Shoppe Whipped Topping (8 oz.) $.69 each
For an extra $4.99, you can also get a bottle of Burlwood wine to enjoy with your meal.
Beginning Nov. 23, ALDI also will offer a selection of appetizers for under $4, including Antoinette Brie or Camembert cheese, crab and shrimp or shrimp cakes and wheat crackers. Appetizers and other special purchase items vary weekly and are available while supplies last. Customers also can visit the Special Purchase section online and subscribe to ALDI’s e-mail newsletter to get e-alerts about upcoming specials for food and other merchandise.
Visit the ALDI Meal Planner at http://www.aldi.us for helpful holiday recipes to use with ALDI select brand items, such as: roast turkey with cranberry sausage stuffing, cranberry glazed ham, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and apple pie.